News website, Cornwall Live, reports on a “foul-mouthed drunk” who has been returned to prison after launching “mindless tirades” at workers on an industrial estate in Truro.
David Bellman, 45, a homeless man who is subject to a criminal behaviour order (CBO) which prevents him from swearing and being drunk in public, subjected workers at the Newham Industrial Estate to offensive and racial slurs in a rant about “the Queen” and “Muslims” while also swearing to himself as people attempted to make their way to work in the early morning on Wednesday 25 January.
Bellman was arrested and charged with a racially aggravated offence and breaching his CBO after Truro Police received a call from a member of the public. He was sent to prison for 60 days at Bodmin Magistrates’ Court last Thursday, 26 January.
Sergeant Marc Sayers of Truro Police said Bellman’s behaviour was “very intimidating”, with workers having to find alternative routes into work to avoid being subjected to his bad behaviour.
It is the sixth time Bellman has breached the CBO since being handed the order in July 2016.
Bellman, who has been dubbed “Britain’s Sweariest Man,” was handed the CBO after subjecting railway staff and passengers to a “tirade of abuse” at Par railway station on July 7 last year. Bellman, who uttered “racist and homophobic abuse” was handed the three-year CBO which prohibits him from being “found in a state of drunkenness in any public space or place the public has access to or be found in possession of an open container of alcohol in the city centre. He must not use swear words, make threats, use physical gestures, use visual representation, cause nuisance or obstruction that would cause any person offence, intimidation or distress directly or indirectly within the UK.”
The most recent breach of the criminal behaviour order occurred earlier this month, on January 8, when Bellman was found outside Natwest Bank on St Nicholas Street in Truro. He was subsequently jailed for 20 days. His jail sentence last week comes just a week after his release from serving the 20 day prison sentence.
Inspector Milburn of Truro police said: “It seems that Mr Bellman is unable to keep a civil tongue and has therefore been jailed for 60 days for his foul behaviour. I’m pleased that this swift action means that they community will not continue to be subjected to his mindless tirades.”
Norwich Evening News reported in December on the court appearance of a woman who pleaded guilty to assaulting a Muslim taxi driver after he refused her demand that he give her and her dog “a lift”.
Laura Farrier, 52, appeared before Norwich Magistrates’ Court last month in connection with an incident on 14 June 2016.
The court heard Farrier had approached the driver with her dog and “asked him for a lift” but he refused saying he was not permitted to carry animals in his vehicle.
The court heard that Farrier “lost her temper” and in a “rather obscene manner” made references to the driver’s “cultural background and heritage”.
Prosecutor Oliver Haswell said Ms Farrier told the driver that “she was English” and insisted the taxi driver “would have to take her wherever she wanted to”.
Mr Haswell told the court the driver had filmed part of the squabble, of which some audio was played to the court. The incident culminated in Ms Farrier “punching the driver in the face through the window of the car”.
Farrier admitted racially aggravated common assault and was told by the District Judge Mike Snow that a custodial sentence was inevitable.
Judge Snow said: “I’m afraid those that racially abuse public servants in this country have to expect a custodial sentence. The courts cannot tolerate this type of behaviour.”
Norwich Magistrates’ Court confirmed Ms Farrier was handed a 12 week prison sentence, suspended for 18 months. She was also required to pay £800 compensation to the driver.
News website, Kent Live reported in October on a man who was sentenced for racially abusing a family and assaulting a police officer at a beach in Swalecliffe near Whitstable.
John Hermitage, 36, had been drinking when he was seen by two police community support officers (PCSOs) racially abusing a family on the beach on 23 August 2016. As Hermitage was being arrested, he spat at one of the officers.
Hermitage admitted causing racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress and assaulting a police officer when he appeared before Thanet Magistrates Court in October 2016.
The court sentenced Hermitage to 90 days in prison, suspended for a year for the racially aggravated offence. He was given a concurrent 60 day sentence for the assault on the police officer, also suspended for a year.
Hermitage was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £115, £85 costs and £100 in compensation.
PC Jamie Weale said: “Understandably the family, who were on holiday in the area, were very shocked and upset by his behaviour.”
Kent Police recently confirmed via a Freedom of Information request that the offender had been abusive towards a Pakistani family.
The Telegraph and Argus reports on the trial of a teenager who has denied making a pipe bomb at his home in Bradford in order to attack Muslims in the area.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is standing trial on charges of preparing for a terrorist act and an alternative offence of making a pipe bomb. He admitted in court that he had posted a message on his Snapchat account about his home-made bomb above an image of the Bradford skyline. The message on the picture read “Incendiary explosive and home-made black powder. More to come.”
Prosecutor Barnaby Jameson, suggested the defendant had planned to attack a specific section of the population, saying the teenager had indicated “a particular group …shown here as somebody with a turban and a gun to their head.”
He went on to disclose that the teenager had been more direct in his choice of target having posted the message: “It’s time to enact retribution upon the Muslim filth.”
The teenager denied the suggestion he had intended to attack Muslims in Bradford, or elsewhere.
Defending the teenager, Rupert Bowers QC, asked whether he intended to attack people in Bradford, the teen answered “No”.
Bowers also asked if the teenager had planned to attack anywhere else, or if he intended to “attack some Muslims”, or if he carried out an internet search on ‘how to make a pipe bomb’ so he could “go and attack Muslims” – to all of which the boy answered “no”.
The teen told the court he simply put the device made with powder from sparklers into a drawer from where it was later recovered.
Under cross-examination, the teenager admitted he had previously posted stickers from the far right neo-Nazi group, National Action, supporting a “white zone” in Bradford but he claimed not to regard the group as a “white supremacist organisation”.
He also accepted he had been photographed giving a Nazi salute and had posted the message “Hitler was Right” on his Twitter account.
He had also posted an image of Hitler with the number ‘1488’, which Jameson suggested represented the white supremacist slogan “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children” and ‘Heil Hitler’ (8 signifies the eighth letter in the alphabet, ‘H’).
The teenager had previously told police that National Action’s ideology most fitted his own and agreed that he held National Socialist views.
The trial continues.
The Huddersfield Examiner reports on the conviction of a man who assaulted a Muslim taxi driver after being asked to pay his fare upfront.
Muhammed Naeem picked up Adam Tomlinson, 38, and a friend and asked them to pay the £13.80 fare up front. The two men asked to be driven to a cash machine and as they neared Leeds Road in Huddersfield, Tomlinson became aggressive.
Footage caught on the taxi’s camera system showed Tomlinson verbally abusing the driver before attempting to smash his way through the security screen.
Tomlinson threatened Mr Naeem saying “I’ve got your f****** badge number. I’m going to f****** kill you.” He swore at the frightened driver numerous times before making further threats directed at Mr Naeem’s wife.
Tomlinson goaded Mr Naeem telling him “Take us to the police station” before striking the dividing screen and car windows. He threatened the driver, saying “I will f****** ruin your f****** life you little b******.”
At Kirklees Magistrates Court, Prosecutor Sarah Marsh said Tomlinson “made threats through the dividing screen, swearing and punching it and causing it to break.”
Tomlinson, who pleaded guilty to criminal damage, was fined £220 and ordered to pay £300 compensation to Mr Naeem. He was also required to pay £85 costs, a £20 victim surcharge and the £13.80 unpaid fare.
District Judge Michael Fanning, sentencing Tomlinson said: “Taxi drivers put up with these types of situations and it must not have been pleasant for the person working in that situation.”
Sadly, this is not the first time Mr. Naeem has been the victim of an attack while driving his taxi. Last year, Paul Knell, 28, pleaded guilty to charges of assault and criminal damage after a vicious attack on Mr Naeem in June 2015. Mr. Naeem criticised the community sentence handed down to Knell in January 2016, saying his attacker should have been jailed for the psychological damage he had caused him.
The plight of taxi drivers and the prevalence of abuse has prompted some taxi firms to install cameras in their cabs as standard to capture footage of customers behaving badly and to assist the police in bringing perpetrators to justice.
In the end of October (2016) we learned from the British media that Police were called to University College London (UCL) amid claims of “common assault and verbal intimidation by pro-Palestinian protestors at an event with an Israeli speaker.”
We had to wait another three months for a single honest person, Jerry Lewis of Hampstead Synagogue who is Jewish himself, admitted in front of notorious Zionists, that the event at UCL was actually provoked by Jewish groups that have nothing to do with the Jewish Students community. At least one of those groups is funded by Israel according to Lewis. These groups invoke ‘hatred’ against Jews because this is how they justify their existence and sustain their funding.
Watch the video:
Here is the full video:
A former Conservative government minister has denounced the activities of Israeli settlers in the West Bank, during a debate in Parliament last Thursday.
Sir Desmond Swayne, MP for New Forest West and international development minister 2014-2016, told his fellow parliamentarians that “there is an increasingly militant settler movement that treats Palestine like its own biblical theme park.”
Last November, Swayne described the situation in Hebron, where there are “streets…which Palestinians may not sue” as a form of “apartheid.”
The new remarks came during a discussion about the impact of the Israeli occupation on the Christian Palestinian community in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
According to Church of England representative Dame Caroline Spelman, the Archbishop of Canterbury intends to visit the occupied Palestinian territory later this year.
In the same debate, former Labour shadow minister Helen Goodman described how “Palestinian Christians are suffering the effects of the settlement.” In a recent visit to the region, the MP “stood on the hills behind Bethlehem” and saw how Israel’s Wall “carve[s] through Palestinian farmland.”
She added: “When the Archbishop and the Bishop [of Southwark] go to the occupied territories, please could they make vocal their witness to the injustice that is happening?”
Separately, also on 19 January, Swayne also sought assurances from the government that there was no “significant shift in Government policy over recent days as we cosy up to the incoming American Administration in granting complete impunity to Israel?”
Responding, the Leader of the House of Commons MP David Lidington affirmed that “the Government’s policy on Israel and Palestine has not changed.”
“We remain committed to a two-state solution, involving a sovereign, independent viable Palestinian state living alongside Israel, with mutually agreed land swaps where appropriate and with Jerusalem as the shared capital of both states. Our view on the settlements remains that they are illegal in international law, and that is at the heart of the United Kingdom’s policy.”
SOURCE: MIDDLE EAST MONITOR